Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Talky Talky A Lot...

I feel like time is passing me by and everyday that goes I think, "I need to write this down, blog about it, take a picture..." And most days none of my ideas come to fruition which is very frustrating, especially when I'm trying to calm my nerves because in my head I think Ari's been saying, "Nuh uh" as the response to everything for weeks when really it's only been 3 days. Or the fact that Ari does/says something new almost everyday and I can barely keep up. He is a little sponge when it comes to learning new signs and at this point he knows everything we know so I'm having to learn more to teach him more. All of this I'm grateful for but boy is this little boy smart! He can also repeat pretty much anything you ask of him and has gotten really good at "I love you." *heart melting*

About 3 weeks ago he found Sarea's copy of ABC by Dr. Seuss in her room and has been having us read it daily. He calls it, "A A A." I can't get over how fast he catches on to things from the book and applies them to other times in his day. Like in his bathroom, the shower curtain has jungle animals on it and he walked in last week and pointed to the elephant and said, "Elephant, e e e." What?! I was over the moon when I found a computer program for this book that reads it to him, gives more examples and even has some games. And bonus it came with the board book version that is perfect for the diaper bag!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I found your blog!

Ari is SO cute and smart!!!

I bet he's ready to read!

Norma

Chaos said...

I love that Dr Suess book too. Most excellent!

Just found your blog. I feel a bit random roaming in so I thought it only polite to say hi!

Hiiiiiiiiiii :)

From Koru
(Mana's sister)